Four new canal companions
THE new year marks the 30th anniversary of the Pearson’s Canal Companion series of inland waterway guide books, and several new editions have been published recently.
Packed full of information, including route descriptions, facilities information for your journey and details of places of interest, these illustrated guides are a must-read for any boater.
Among this year’s new editions are the South Midlands (featuring the Warwickshire Ring and Ashby Canal); Stourport & Black Country rings (including the whole of the BCN) and a new Four Counties Ring (a special 30th anniversary edition which includes the Weaver Navigation and Caldon Canal).
However, perhaps the most important new edition of the waterways series is the Severn & Avon Canal Companion which includes the newly reopened Droitwich Canals and what is being promoted as the ‘Mid-Worcestershire Mini-Ring’.
Pending publication of the new East Midlands Canal Companion in 2012, there are nine guides in the series, which are widely available throughout the canal system, at bookshops (though you may have to order) and from many online suppliers ranging from the IWA to Amazon. RRP £8.95
0 Responses to “Four new canal companions”
Please login or register to post a comment
Current Issue: Feb 2015
• 411 boats for sale
• Holiday cruisers in pride of place at London Boat Show
• Who's helping to keep the home fires burning?
• Warning to boaters after canal arson
• First steps towards a new Wigan Pier
• Preserving the traditions of canal arts and crafts
• New customer services chief
• Solar park plans rejected • Grant boost for Staveley lock
• Next issue on sale: February 26, 2015