Funding approved for Chesterfield Waterside development
By: Janet Richardson
THE Sheffield City Region Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) Board has approved £2.4 million funding from its Growing Places Fund for the Chesterfield Waterside| development.
This will help unlock delivery of the Chesterfield Waterside development through providing the necessary investment to complete the canal link and improve traffic access to the site.
Chesterfield Waterside will take a largely vacant edge of town centre waterside site and create a vibrant new environment of buildings and open spaces. This will be home to a thriving new community of businesses and residents and will become a major attraction for visitors.
Plans for the site include: a new canal basin; landmark public spaces; an eco-park; a waterside residential neighbourhood of around 1200 homes; over 30,000 square metre business space; and shops, bars, cafes, galleries and hotels.
Responses to “Funding approved for Chesterfield Waterside development”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• 351 boats for sale
• New rules for boaters without a home mooring
• Four chances to win a set of Pearson's Guides
• Interview with mayor at the helm of a £200m project
• Preparing for a starring role at Braunston Rally
• Meet boater who took on the TV Allotment Challenge
• How not to paint your boat
• Next issue on sale: March 26, 2015