Funding approved for Chesterfield Waterside development
By: Janet Richardson
THE Sheffield City Region Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) Board has approved £2.4 million funding from its Growing Places Fund for the Chesterfield Waterside| development.
This will help unlock delivery of the Chesterfield Waterside development through providing the necessary investment to complete the canal link and improve traffic access to the site.
Chesterfield Waterside will take a largely vacant edge of town centre waterside site and create a vibrant new environment of buildings and open spaces. This will be home to a thriving new community of businesses and residents and will become a major attraction for visitors.
Plans for the site include: a new canal basin; landmark public spaces; an eco-park; a waterside residential neighbourhood of around 1200 homes; over 30,000 square metre business space; and shops, bars, cafes, galleries and hotels.
0 Responses to “Funding approved for Chesterfield Waterside development”
Please login or register to post a comment
Current Issue: Feb 2015
• 411 boats for sale
• Holiday cruisers in pride of place at London Boat Show
• Who's helping to keep the home fires burning?
• Warning to boaters after canal arson
• First steps towards a new Wigan Pier
• Preserving the traditions of canal arts and crafts
• New customer services chief
• Solar park plans rejected • Grant boost for Staveley lock
• Next issue on sale: February 26, 2015