'Get Knotted' fender kits
By: Janet Richardson
BOATERS who like to customise their vessels with hand-made touches and DIY fittings will enjoy this boating gift by rope and fender specialists, 'Get Knotted'.
Their fender-making kit (RRP £20) comprises of a book which guides the reader step-by-step through the fender making process and a supply of rope for the user to make their first side fender.
This nautical gift is sure to please friends or family, enabling them to produce their own truly unique piece of boating equipment using traditional handcrafting methods.
'Get Knotted' is a family-run business with 15 years of experience in producing ropes and fender-making equipment.
Owner Alan Ewins is accredited as a master craftsmen by the Waterways Craft Guild and a member of the Guild of Knot Tyers.
With a rapidly expanding product and knowledge base, a range of ropes and fenders can be supplied by 'Get Knotted'. They can be produced using either hitched or crowned methods of knotting with either natural fibre or synthetic core.
For further information visit http://www.getknotted.co.uk/
Responses to “'Get Knotted' fender kits”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• 351 boats for sale
• New rules for boaters without a home mooring
• Four chances to win a set of Pearson's Guides
• Interview with mayor at the helm of a £200m project
• Preparing for a starring role at Braunston Rally
• Meet boater who took on the TV Allotment Challenge
• How not to paint your boat
• Next issue on sale: March 26, 2015