'Get Knotted' fender kits
By: Janet Richardson
BOATERS who like to customise their vessels with hand-made touches and DIY fittings will enjoy this boating gift by rope and fender specialists, 'Get Knotted'.
Their fender-making kit (RRP £20) comprises of a book which guides the reader step-by-step through the fender making process and a supply of rope for the user to make their first side fender.
This nautical gift is sure to please friends or family, enabling them to produce their own truly unique piece of boating equipment using traditional handcrafting methods.
'Get Knotted' is a family-run business with 15 years of experience in producing ropes and fender-making equipment.
Owner Alan Ewins is accredited as a master craftsmen by the Waterways Craft Guild and a member of the Guild of Knot Tyers.
With a rapidly expanding product and knowledge base, a range of ropes and fenders can be supplied by 'Get Knotted'. They can be produced using either hitched or crowned methods of knotting with either natural fibre or synthetic core.
For further information visit http://www.getknotted.co.uk/
Current Issue: Feb 2015
• 411 boats for sale
• Holiday cruisers in pride of place at London Boat Show
• Who's helping to keep the home fires burning?
• Warning to boaters after canal arson
• First steps towards a new Wigan Pier
• Preserving the traditions of canal arts and crafts
• New customer services chief
• Solar park plans rejected • Grant boost for Staveley lock
• Next issue on sale: February 26, 2015