Have you seen Saturn banner?
By: Janet Richardson
THE success of Shrewsbury & Newport Canals Trust’s recent festival at Norbury Junction has been tempered by the theft of a banner on loan from the Inland Waterways Association.
Depicting Saturn at Etruria Museum, the 3m x 3m banner was taken on the Saturday evening (May 5) from the wall of the large marquee.
If you see the IWA banner, please contact John Myers on 07711 858986. Police have been informed.
This year the Trust tried holding the festival over three days, rather than two and added extra stalls in the BW field. Said John: “We have learned a lot and will be reviewing what we do next year in plenty of time, incorporating the best new features.
“The Junction Inn hosted the big marquee and a lot of the stalls in their field. All the evening events were well attended and judged to be very successful. Our thanks must go to Alison Frizzell for all her really magnificent help and support this year and in past years in making this event happen.
Two day boats were loaned by Norbury Wharf which enabled the Trust to charge for boat trips making a good profit on the venture. Thanks also go to BW for the loan of their wharf to run the trips from.
0 Responses to “Have you seen Saturn banner?”
Please login or register to post a comment
Current Issue: Feb 2015
• 411 boats for sale
• Holiday cruisers in pride of place at London Boat Show
• Who's helping to keep the home fires burning?
• Warning to boaters after canal arson
• First steps towards a new Wigan Pier
• Preserving the traditions of canal arts and crafts
• New customer services chief
• Solar park plans rejected • Grant boost for Staveley lock
• Next issue on sale: February 26, 2015