Where can I get such a capital return?
I READ with interest in Towpath Talk on page 1, ‘Wharf deal boost for trust funds’ (News, Issue 76, February).
It says the ground rent will produce £6 million and that £52.4 million capital will be available by 2016. Robin Evans is quoted as saying: “The enhanced ground rent plus the additional income as a consequence of reinvesting the capital payment will generate nearly £10 million in annual income.”
Deducting £6 million from £10 million gives £4 million; £4 million is a return of about 8%. I would very much like to know where I can invest to get a return like that.
0 Responses to “Where can I get such a capital return?”
Please login or register to post a comment
Current Issue: Feb 2015
• 411 boats for sale
• Holiday cruisers in pride of place at London Boat Show
• Who's helping to keep the home fires burning?
• Warning to boaters after canal arson
• First steps towards a new Wigan Pier
• Preserving the traditions of canal arts and crafts
• New customer services chief
• Solar park plans rejected • Grant boost for Staveley lock
• Next issue on sale: February 26, 2015