Where can I get such a capital return?
I READ with interest in Towpath Talk on page 1, ‘Wharf deal boost for trust funds’ (News, Issue 76, February).
It says the ground rent will produce £6 million and that £52.4 million capital will be available by 2016. Robin Evans is quoted as saying: “The enhanced ground rent plus the additional income as a consequence of reinvesting the capital payment will generate nearly £10 million in annual income.”
Deducting £6 million from £10 million gives £4 million; £4 million is a return of about 8%. I would very much like to know where I can invest to get a return like that.
Responses to “Where can I get such a capital return?”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• 351 boats for sale
• New rules for boaters without a home mooring
• Four chances to win a set of Pearson's Guides
• Interview with mayor at the helm of a £200m project
• Preparing for a starring role at Braunston Rally
• Meet boater who took on the TV Allotment Challenge
• How not to paint your boat
• Next issue on sale: March 26, 2015